Dart SHP Special High Performance small block Chevy cast iron bare blocks are designed for high performance and heavy duty applications. These SPH blocks are an ideal starting point for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders and high performance marine enthusiasts.
Key features of SHP small block Chevy bare blocks are:
* Priority main oiling system
* Siamese cylinder bores with extra-thick walls
* Extra thick decks to ensure reliable head gasket seal
* Blind head bolt holes (don’t go through water jacket)
* Scalloped water jacket walls for improved flow around cylinders for better cooling
* Clearance for 3.75 in. stroke with steel rods
* Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps
* Provisions for OE stock roller lifters and cams
* All OE bolt holes starter, clutch ball, etc.
* Uses 1981 to 1985 stock style oil pan and passenger side dipstick
* Uses stocked stamped steel or plastic timing cover